The world is taken by storm, and concerns increased due to the COVID-19 outbreak, affected the film industry, too. Theaters and other public places are being closed everywhere worldwide. Regarding such news, Paramount Pictures intends now to launch its latest movie, Sonic the Hedgehog, digitally and a lot earlier. The company confirmed that the hit video-game based movie would be available on March 31 on iTunes, Amazon, and other popular services.
Sonic the Hedgehog Digital Launch Confirmed
Sonic the Hedgehog is not the only movie that will arrive on digital platforms. The Hunt, Bloodshot, and The Invisible Man also got scheduled for a digital release a lot earlier than expected due to the COVID-19 breakdown. Sonic the Hedgehog was postponed, too, after the studio witnessed a worldwide outcry about the main character’s appearance. It succeeded to gain, however, $146 million and a lot of praise in the US, becoming one of the best video game adaptation so far.
The movie has earned $160 million in other regions, scoring a total of $306 million. We could’ve seen much more, but due to the worldwide theater close-down, the movie had to suffer a lot. The news was announced in a Twitter post recently. The studio confirmed the movie would also be available on Blu-Rays, DVDs, and 4K Blu-Rays starting May 19, 2020. Also, the disks would arrive with some bonus material which includes:
- Jim Carey could be seen in Building Robotnik talking about his supervillain role in Sonic the Hedgehog;
- Some fantastic deleted scenes;
- A music video of “Speed Me Up;”
- A bunch of bloopers from the movie that will show Jim Carey and other members of the cast in funny situations;
- A sneak peek of Sonic’s upcoming adventure – around the world on only 80 seconds!
- The Director’s commentary with Jeff Fowler in the spotlight and Ben Schwartz, the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog.