What causes Whatsapp to not install on your smartphone? Sometimes, when you try to download the app on your smartphone, it does not seem to go through. Here are what can be blocking it from uploading and some ways to fix them
Sometimes, upon attempting to download the application on your device, the download doesn’t go through. Here are some explanations of what can be blocking it and some solutions to fixing this problem.
Why WhatsApp can’t be installed
One of the most common issues is that there is not enough available storage left on the phone to add an additional app. Double-check the settings of your smartphone to ensure that a lack of space is the cause.
If that is the case, delete some of the videos and photos, or maybe even some useless applications that take up storage. If you still cannot install Whatsapp after that, try moving some files from your phone’s memory to an external memory card, if you have one.
If you are an Android user, there is a possibility that your smartphone is incompatible with Whatsapp. In order to be able to run Whatsapp, you must have Android 2.3.3 or a newer version. We suggest updating your device and attempting another download.
Some other times, the reason that it holds WhatsApp from getting downloaded is the fact that it is still not available in your current country. In other cases, what prevents the app from being downloaded is local regulations. WhatsApp is unfortunately not available in all countries.
How to Fix WhatsApp Downloading and Installation Issues
Below are listed some steps to follow every time to ensure to successfully install the app on your smartphone:
- Shut down your phone and open it again before attempting any of the other solutions, then try to download another application to see if the issue is only with WhatsApp.
- Always use the Wi-fi connection when downloading Whatsapp.
- Manually set the correct time and date on your device.
- Make sure that your device is able to run updates and backups.
- Install WhatsApp on your external memory card instead of on your phone.