Let’s get one thing clear – The Mac laptops are not built to be a pro-gaming device. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t enjoy certain games on a Mac computer. There are many games that you can play on the Apple laptop, many macOS games to choose from. In this article, we’ll show you how to connect a PS4 controller to Mac.
The PS 4 Controller Is Among the Best Gamepads in the Market
The game genres are wide enough from strategy, shooting, to adventure games. The good news about iMac is that you can take the game experience to the next level. How? With the help of a gamepad!
No more keyboard or a mouse, go for a gamepad instead! There are many gamepads on the market to choose from, but we advise you to go for the best ones. And one of the best gamepads on the market is the PS4 controller. How to use Sony’s controller on iMac? You have two options: the first option is to connect it to your laptop via Bluetooth, and the second option is to do it via a micro-USB cable.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to a Mac Computer
The Bluetooth option
This option is more comfortable than using a USB cable. You won’t have any cables standing in your way while enjoying the game experience. Here’s what you need to do in order to connect the PS4 controller to your Mac:
- Activate the Bluetooth on iMac- the Bluetooth icon can be found on the top bar
- PS4 controller- press and hold the PS4 and Share buttons at the same time to activate the pairing
- Mac – open up the Bluetooth preferences
- Select Connect Wireless Controller
The Micro-USB Cable Option
Is the Bluetooth on your iMac not working correctly? You have another option to make your game experience better with the micro-USB cable! Here’s what you need to do:
- First, connect the cable to iMac and controller
- Turn on the PlayStation gamepad
- Mac – click the Apple logo on the upper-left screen and click About this Mac.
• Click System Report, find, and select USB.
- Below USB, find Wireless Controller and click on it to connect the PS4 controller to your Mac computer.